Monday, May 4, 2009

Portfolio. Check.

This past week I got an email from my home university telling me that they needed all of my TWC stuff as soon as possible in order for me to be eligible for graduation in June….this was a COMPLETE surprise for me seeing as my semester here will be extra credit so I didn’t think the timing of my grades from TWC was all that important. Basically I thought I had two weeks to complete the massive TWC portfolio, but that was condensed into about 4 days. Good times!

I was pretty stressed out, but had thankfully already started on it so it wasn’t completely crazy. I ended up finishing it and getting it all fancy bound at FedEx and am super happy with it. It is pretty much a complete overview of my entire semester in DC and includes work samples from my internship, a research paper, civic engagement report, and a whole lot more. I made myself a copy as well (even though I definitely could have saved the money) because I know it will be great to have when I get home.

Now I am feeling completely relieved to have my portfolio done, and will be able to fully enjoy my last two weeks in DC without stressing out. Also, it rained all weekend so as I was working on it I wasn’t feeling like I was missing all that much.

Last week (before the stress of the portfolio) my sister came to visit which was a ton of fun. She’s not all that into history and museums and I was happy about this because I think I’m getting to point of being “museum-ed out,” if you catch my drift. Anyways, we spent most of our time in all the different neighborhoods just exploring and walking around.

We even took the Capital Crescent Trail into Georgetown from Bethesda which is amazing! It’s as if you are in the middle of the forest even though it’s so close to the city. We spent some time in Alexandria as well wandering around the waterfront, and also through Dupont. It was a really good visit, but now I’m feeling very nostalgic and missing my family quite a bit…yep, I’m a Debbie Downer. But seriously, I think that when I get back home it will be great to see everyone again.

My sister hangin’ out on the beautiful streets on Alexandria, VA


Just a glimpse of the Smithsonian gardens located around the National Mall

I just have two more weeks of interning left and received some big projects to complete so I’m sure the time will fly by. I’m also in the process of planning a short trip south after my internship and before I head home. I have a few friends dispersed throughout the Carolinas and a cousin in Florida so hopefully I will be able to see them all before I head back to reality of job searching back in Calgary.

Paz for now amigos!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment